Okay well, this is going to be a bit anti-mcu so, like, be prepared for that
- It’s DC comics, not marvel. The majority of ‘comic’ fans (well, as far as I’ve seen they aren’t fans of the actual comics as opposed to the films but w/e) on here are marvel oriented. Wonder Woman is not a marvel character.
- Most people aren’t as excited as they could be because of Gal Gadot and her anti-palestinian instagram post (x) (although that is a shit reason imo since Scarjo has defended a pedophile [x] and there has been no decrease in ppl’s support for a BW movie).
- People want a black widow movie specifically so they can enjoy their straight white male slash ships without having to hear the annoying feminists talk abt those bitch female characters.
- A black widow movie comes out = mcu fans can freely ignore the female characters for as long as they like (you got your fucking black widow movie now shut up and let me talk about Steve’s man pain in Captain America 6: bucky and steve riding eachother).
- Being so far up marvels hairy poopy ass they don’t realise they’ve internalized a shit ton of misygony which would be too hard to come to terms with.
- Accepting the fact that DC is releasing a female solo before marvel would expose those people saying “on your left” never gave a single solitary fuck about representation for females, poc, lgbt, etc. They only cared to further their own company and used representation as a means to get there.
- but on your left haha am i right
I really don’t know what you’re getting at. DCU has a “Cyborg” movie in its lineup, a female led movie, and Jason Mamoa is Native Hawaiian, regardless of how dark his skin may be. DC’s TV shows have WOC and lesbian characters. Yes, this is the bare minimum of diversity, but it’s still leagues ahead of MCU, which is embarrassing.